USAID and ABT have been supporting Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working in the area of maternal and child health for many decades. Having met many of their needs to technical, financial and training support, USAID and ABT felt the need to help these CSOs to improve their capability to engage their key stakeholders, raise funds locally from corporate and individual donors and form a relationship with them.
CMO on Demand: Strategy and Planning for Organizational Development
- Aaroh leads a Need Gap analysis to understand the challenges Civil Society Organizations face today to raise funds locally from corporate and individuals in India
- Aaroh developed a curriculum for organizational development that will enable CSOs engage with their donors
- Aaroh leads a consortium to help Civil Society Organizations develop business capabilities and financial sustainability for themselves through the principles of social enterprise
Marketing on the Tap: Development and testing of Curriculum
- Aaroh creates an outline for topics and creates a consortium to develop curriculum
- Aaroh anchors topics on leadership, strategic planning and communications, thereby enabling organizations to connect with their stakeholders, manage legal, finance and due diligence to enable fund raising and social enterprise
- Aaroh delivers the curriculum in two states – Rajasthan and Jharkhand to verify content and do the second level check to ensure alignment to the requirements on the ground
- The curriculum is being rolled out across other states and other functional areas in India
Aaroh has the unique value proposition of having the capacity to construct innovation ecosystems and programming coalitions around a network alliance or organization development theme. It was a pleasure and a great learning experience working with them on the civil society organizations’ capacity building work, a vital part of the Health Finance and Governance project’s governance remit.
Lysander Menezes, Chief of Party, Health Finance and Governance Project