MA – Social Development, University of East Anglia, UK
MBA – Marketing, Andrews University, US
Founder Director – Aaroh Marketing & Communications
Executive Director – Care Today (A part of the India Today group)
Former Director – Disaster Management, Care India
Former Deputy Director – Charities Aid Foundation
Former Head of Operations – South, Panacea Biotec
A Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Project Management professional, his experience includes pharmaceutical sales & marketing; CSR project management, disaster risk reduction including responding and preparing for disasters, fund raising, bilateral cooperation, advocacy, corporate social responsibility, consulting, training, and institutionalization of best practices.
- Over 18 years of experience in Pharmaceuticals sales and Marketing in India
- Joined the Not for profit segment with ActionAid to build strategic partnerships with bilateral donors to raise funds as well as to advocate pro poor policies
- Worked with Corporate sector to influence business to make giving a considered and structured action
- Worked on critical and sensitive natural and manmade disasters like Odisha Cyclone (1999), Gujarat riots (2002), Tsunami (2004)
- Worked with USAID India as Disaster Management Specialist for adaptation and institutionalization of Incident Command System (ICS) in to national response practice was my area of interest
- As the Director of Disaster Management Unit at CARE (from 2006-2009) led emergency response operations in India & Philippines, and disaster preparedness work in India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Nepal
- Trainer for ICS and Incident Response System (IRS) in India, Nepal and Bhutan
- Facilitated a dialogue between the SAARC and ASEAN for regional cooperation in disaster response
- Worked with USFS consultant to prepare district administration of Nashik (a district in India) in organizing ‘Kumbh Mela,’ 2015 which witnessed a participation of more than a million people
- Led the “Lessons Learned Workshop” for SAARC countries after the Nepal Earthquake
- Executive Director, Care Today Fund (a CSR initiative of India Today group), a part time role involves response and rehabilitation programs for large disasters in India
- India and South Asia Liaison Officer – U.S. Forest Service (International Programs) working with Union and State Governments and USAID for strengthening disaster management (especially institutionalization of the ICS).
- UNDP initiatives – working with Government of India for mainstreaming risk reduction in to various national programs and Airport Disaster Preparedness.