Increased globalization has led to organizations facing multiple marketing challenges, especially with the onset of new market trends, heavy competition, evolving technology and empowered customers. Transformation and reinvention of the marketing strategies as well as business models is the need of the hour to adapt to the fast-paced environment. The deployment of a CMO on demand becomes a must under such conditions enabling a smoother transformation, helping organizations to achieve a better top line.
Who is a CMO?
A Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for the alignment of organizational goals to the various marketing campaigns reaching the audiences. The expertise of a CMO enables the company to mitigate risks, reduce costs and generate revenues along with driving profits.
What is a CMO On Demand?
A CMO on demand boosts the growth of an organization by providing guidance to gain a competitive advantage. A company typically outsources the marketing wing with a motive of positively transforming the business. This transformation may involve reducing marketing costs while creating a larger and more relevant audience .
In the case of marketing on demand, the CMO would ideally do the following:
- Build the culture of the organization
- Guide to stimulate the organization’s vision
- Develop marketing plans and budgeting
- Enhance the quality of the lead
- Promote Brand Building
- Conduct market research & evaluate channel plan
- Orchestrate a competitive analysis
- Provide Digital marketing solutions
- Position the brand, online as well as offline
- Streamline Sales & Marketing
Why hire a CMO On Demand?
Many small to medium enterprises tend to try their hand at marketing due to financial constraints. This could hamper the success as well as the image of the company. Hiring a CMO on demand has proven to be the best option for companies to bring expertise, skills and experience in-house without the cost of a full time headcount.
Advantages of a CMO On Demand:
- Develops an integrated marketing plan aligned with the organizational goals
- Create campaigns that connect well with the clients and build lasting relationships with the stakeholders
- Facilitates constant evolution of your marketing campaigns with the latest marketing best practices, advanced tools and deep skills
- It gives you access to senior marketing skills without the cost of a full-time headcount
- It optimizes the efficiency of your campaigns without falling for trends, vanity metrics and non-remunerative marketing campaigns which only create a feel good factor.
It also becomes essential for a company to make the CMO on demand understand the key challenges, opportunities, needs and goals of the organization. With this information, a CMO on demand would create a marketing plan and ensure its implementation within the desired timeframe and budget to achieve the goals set up upfront. Eventually, measuring and monitoring the results of the campaigns.
How to select a CMO On Demand?
- Industry Experience – An exposure and insight into the industry best practices and result orientation. Ability to convert information into insights
- Track record – Does the CMO on Demand have a track record of delivering the best results for other SMEs. Do they have a keen interest in collaborating with you?
- Team – It is important that the organization supporting the CMO is robust and has deep skills to deliver the campaigns being designed by the CMO
The decision of getting on-board the CMO on Demand has seen improved marketing performances in many organizations. Significant growth in sales and revenue is the result of successful marketing initiatives. Doing that without incurring the cost of a full time senior headcount has been beneficial to many SMEs. Know more about how to change the scope of your business and re-define the face of marketing in your organization by referring to our blog on ‘Marketing To Transform Your Business – With CMO On Demand’.